Skip to main content

PURPOSE OF OLD-AGE

As I watched my grandma lying on the bed, I could not help but imagining myself in her position. She wasn’t exactly helpless; in fact, I thought she was really strong for a 90+ year old. She did not step into the hospital even though she had a stroke! Her self-recovery is way too speedy, I think. Acupuncture really works, perhaps.

I wonder about what’s going on her head everyday. What does she live for? Would she prefer living or dying? I’m sure she’s tired of living and of not having the luxury to move about freely, to see clearly and to hear. At that age, with that kind of circumstances, what do you live for anymore? Isn’t life going to be depressing at that age?

As I was in my head, I heard a question, coming from within myself. Perhaps, if I can answer what I want to be and what I want to do when I’m at that age that would probably solve my ultimate life question; what is my purpose in life?

It is very simple, really. I want to be writing a book – if I still have the capability to do so. I want to teach the new generation about what I’ve learnt in this life. I want to love. I want to give. I want to teach. I want to share. I want to laugh. I want to cry.

You see, ultimately, at old age, a lot of things don’t matter.
Perhaps, those things never matter at all.
Am I able to live now in that future? Should I change the way I set goals and dreams?

Comments

Dr V said…
Praying that your Grandma gets well and that the love of God and the gospel of Jesus is made known to her if she is not already a believer.
Ling said…
Ya, amen to that. :)
Unknown said…
Hi Vinod and Ling! Amen. She is not a believer. She has been to church before though.

Hope you two are doing well. And Isaiah too :)

Popular posts from this blog

GRIP by BEN: STEWART

From the creators of Esoteric Agenda (www.esotericagenda.net) and Kymatica (www.talismanicidols.org), UNGRIP penetrates the illusions and delusions of the legal system with direct relation to the psychology of humanity. Inspired by the story of rob in the pagé family, as well as clips of Bruce Lipton, PHD and Ben: Stewart.

INFP AND SPARTANS

One of those enlightening coffee talk with Ze. Some of his wise words. Ze :  When we find the courage to grab life by the horns , we're in it too deep. We need to take control of our lives Ze :  But then, we do get to choose our ideals . Our ideals can change. If we let it. Ze :  Psychology is not for the fainthearted. Ze :    Dealing with the mentally unstable, insane, volatile, and ill... it takes incredible strength , mentally, you have to be like... 300 Spartans. Just be THAT strong. Ze :  The emotions... once it grabs a lot of your attention.... it doesn't let loose easily . I practice emotional control. Control the chemical equilibrium in your brain. Ze :  In real life, you have to learn to be tough because reality.. is well... real. You don't have to give up idealism entirely. Only the portions that conflict directly with reality. You can keep the ideals that give you a survival advantage. So...

WORKING IN ARTS: ADVICE

  The distilled version appears below. Embrace the fact that you’re young. Accept that you don’t know what you’re doing. And don’t listen to anyone who says there are rules and limits. If you know your calling, go there. Stay on track. Keep moving towards it, even if the process takes time and requires sacrifice. Learn to accept failure. Know that things will go wrong. Then, when things go right, you’ll probably feel like a fraud. It’s normal. Make mistakes, glorious and fantastic ones. It means that you’re out there doing and trying things. When life gets hard, as it inevitably will, make good art. Just make good art. Make your own art, meaning the art that reflects your individuality and personal vision. Now a practical tip. You get freelance work if your work is good, if you’re easy to get along with, and if you’re on deadline. Actually you don’t need all three. Just two. Enjoy the ride, don’t fret the whole way. Stephen King gave that piece of advice to Neil ...